1055 West Seventh Street, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
47 Kearny Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 151)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Central and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal: Ninth Circuit
Articles & Presentations
Norma Nava is an Associate in the Los Angeles office, where she specializes in complex commercial litigation. Ms. Nava has a broad-based litigation practice with a focus on commercial real estate litigation, unfair business practices, and contract litigation. Her practice includes issues relating to international sale of goods, international and domestic commercial property disputes, and breach of lease agreements. She has significant experience in all phases of civil trial practice, including pre-trial discovery and motion practice, mediations, and trial preparation.
Ms. Nava graduated from the UCLA School of Law where she was managing editor of the Chicano/Latino Law Review. In 2005, Ms. Nava was the recipient of the 2005 Hewlett Foundation/American Bar Association Environmental Justice Fellowship that funded her work on environmental litigation projects throughout the Los Angeles area. Prior to joining Lim Ruger, Ms. Nava was a legal fellow with the American Civil Liberties Union where she worked on civil rights appellate advocacy in both state and federal courts.
- Obtained 2.1 million jury verdict in favor of real estate franchisee client against national real estate sales chain and its CEO for defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and violation of California Franchise Investment Laws.
- Defended public utility against a $3 million breach of contract action by subcontractor.
- Represented motorcycle helmet manufacturer in action against buyer for nonpayment of $1.4 million in motorcycle products.
- Represented real estate franchisee in action against international franchisor for defamation and violation of California Franchise Investment Laws.
- Represented bank in fraud action against borrowers who conspired to defraud the bank of $9.2 million in connection with financing for commercial property purchase.
- Obtained settlement award for private medical health care provider in arbitration against former law firm.
- Conducted sexual harassment training for regional grocery chain supervisors and line level staff in English and Spanish.
- Business Disputes and Torts
- Environmental and Toxic Tort
- Insurance Recovery and Policy Enforcement
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Unfair Competition and Business Practices
Labor and Employment
- Human Resources Counseling and Management Training
- Investigations and Actions by Government Agencies
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2002)
- The Honorable Oliver W. Wanger (Ret.), United States District Court for the Eastern District of California (2006-2007)
Honors & Distinctions
Professional & Community Involvement
- For People of Color, Inc., Vice President and Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Mexican American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member