1055 West Seventh Street, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
47 Kearny Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 138)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal: Ninth Circuit
Articles & Presentations
Julie Kwun is an Associate in the Los Angeles office, focusing on employment litigation. Ms. Kwun has represented management against claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, defamation, retaliation, as well as wage and hour class actions, including claims of misclassification, meal and rest period violations, forfeiture of vacation wages, and split-shift premiums. Ms. Kwun has practiced before the state and federal courts of California, arbitration panels, and various government agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, California Labor Commissioner, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Ms. Kwun also advises clients on all aspects of employment law, including discipline, harassment training and investigations, leaves of absence, terminations, wage-and-hour compliance, personnel policies, and employee handbooks.
- Represented international apparel company in wage-and-hour class action lawsuit, obtaining favorable court-approved, class-wide settlement following extensive discovery.
- Represented subsidiary of Fortune 100 international utility company against claims of wrongful termination and defamation.
- Represented restaurant in collective action under the Fair Labor Standards Act alleging wage-and-hour violations, including denial of meal and rest periods and unpaid wages. Obtained court-approved, class-wide settlement.
- Represented a major southern California utility company in numerous arbitration proceedings involving employees terminated for violation of safety rules.
- Represented large non-profit public interest organization in defending against multiple charges for race discrimination and retaliation filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Represented U.S. subsidiaries of international television networks in obtaining a permanent injunction and multi-million dollar judgment against New Jersey based company for streaming copyrighted television shows over the internet.
- Obtained dismissal of case in favor of bank against claims of breach of contract and discrimination after multiple attacks on the pleadings.
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
- Class Actions
- Human Resources Counseling and Management Training
- Litigation (Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour, and Wrongful Termination)
COMPLEX COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
- Business Disputes and Torts
- Labor and Employment
- Real Estate
- University of Southern California Law School (J.D., 2005)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 2001)
Honors & Distinctions
Professional & Community Involvement
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Korean American Bar Association of Southern California, Member