1055 West Seventh Street, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
47 Kearny Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 153)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal: Ninth Circuit
Christopher Kim is a Partner in the Litigation Department and one of the firm’s founders. A seasoned trial lawyer with over 34 years of experience, Mr. Kim has tried many cases involving substantial exposure and complex legal issues. Mr. Kim’s admission to the American Board of Trial Advocates reflects his exceptional experience and achievement in handling jury trials. His exemplary record of success in high-value cases has earned him the respect of judges and opponents alike. Mr. Kim’s trial work experience focuses on complex business litigation, including class actions.
Mr. Kim has conducted numerous seminars and workshops, frequently on the topic of trial advocacy skills.
- Represented the Republic of Korea against a $2 billion claim involving claims of unlawful conversion.
- Obtained a settlement of over $200 million for the class plaintiff in a securities class action against Tenet Healthcare and a $65 million settlement with the company’s auditors.
- Represented a publicly traded utility company in labor arbitrations involving union employees who were dismissed from their jobs.
- Defended the Republic of Korea in a consolidated action brought for wrongful death and for catastrophic injury arising from a van that rolled over.
- Recovered approximately $13 million for a Korean auto parts manufacturer after an investment banker fraudulently induced the manufacturer to invest in a ponzi scheme.
- Represented a local bank in a fraud action against a borrower who defrauded the bank of approximately $10 million in connection with the purchase of car washes.
- Business Disputes and Torts
- Class Actions
- Labor and Employment
- Unfair Competition and Business Practices
Labor and Employment
- Class Actions
- Litigation (Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour, and Wrongful Termination)
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 1978)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A. with honors, 1974)
Honors & Distinctions
- Southern California Super Lawyer (2007- 2009, 2011 – 2013)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Western Justice Center, Board Member
- Lawyer Representative to Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles Chapter, Associate
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- East West Players, former Board Member
- Korean American Bar Association of Southern California, former President
- California Judicial Council Advisory Committee on Racial and Ethnic Bias, former Member
- UCLA Law School Alumni, former Board Member
- California Board of Registration of Geologists and Geophysicists, former Public Member