Our Business and Finance Group consists of seasoned attorneys with substantial experience representing clients from a diverse range of industries in both domestic and cross-border transactions. We pride ourselves in providing practical counseling and guiding clients through complex transactions with their ultimate business objectives always in mind. We also work closely with our clients to craft creative solutions to overcome business and legal hurdles before they can derail a transaction.
Our Business and Finance Group has extensive experience representing lenders, borrowers, investors, and issuers in various forms of equity and debt financing transactions, including asset-based loans, secured credit facilities, mezzanine debt financings, private placements, and early stage as well as venture financings. We also have represented companies, shareholders, and investors with respect to numerous mergers, acquisitions, investments, and asset dispositions, whether the motivation was strategic or financial.
We are trusted advisors to our clients in connection with a wide array of business transactions, including complex joint venture transactions, manufacturing and distribution agreements, procurement contracts, renewable energy procurement, and power utility and telecommunications operations. In addition, we have advised clients with respect to commercial transactions involving the sale of goods, both domestically and internationally, and secured transactions involving various forms of collateral in the context of trade credit and other debt financing transactions. Many of our clients look to us to serve as their primary outside counsel, and we routinely advise them on all aspects of corporate governance.
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Formation and Restructuring
- Corporate Governance
- Distributorship and Agency
- Equity-Based Compensation
- Financing (Equity, Debt, Asset Based and Venture Capital)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Renewable Energy Purchasing
- Secured Transactions
- Utility Law
- Advised major energy utility on risk mitigation in the structuring of a complex financial transaction involving a developer of biofuel for energy generation.
- Advised the U.S. subsidiaries of South Korea’s three largest broadcasting companies on licensing arrangements with various licensees, including major U.S. satellite television broadcasters.
- Represented a publicly traded foreign corporation in its participation in a three-party joint venture in the United States with two of the largest steel manufacturers in the world to produce high quality steel products.
- Represented a high-tech start-up company in connection with equity financing, technology licensing, equity incentive plan and employment matters.
- Represented a multi-national tire manufacturer in refinancing an asset-based credit facility in an amount up to $130 million. The credit facility is a syndicated loan including prominent U.S. financial institutions.
- Represented one of the major regional centers under the EB-5 Program of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to close a sponsorship deal in connection with the financing of an approximately $200 million residential/commercial development in Los Angeles County, California.
- Represented an international video game developer and publisher in acquisition of online game publisher.
- Represented an international video game developer and publisher in strategic investment in mobile game developer.