1055 West Seventh Street, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
47 Kearny Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (213) 955-9500 (Ext. 162)
Fax: (213) 955-9511
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Courts: Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California; Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeal: Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. International Trade Commission
Articles & Presentations
Bryan Sheldon is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of Lim Ruger. He serves as Lim Ruger’s Administrative Partner and co-chairs the firm’s commercial litigation department. Having tried dozens of cases in California state and federal courts, Mr. Sheldon has developed a reputation as an effective, pragmatic and creative advocate who consistently produces exceptional results for his clients.
Mr. Sheldon litigates complex cases involving commercial transactions and disputes, fraud and other business torts, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and unfair business practices. He also handles a wide variety of employment disputes. His litigation practice includes commercial arbitrations and appeals. Mr. Sheldon has served as lead or co-lead counsel on numerous class actions and has substantial experience with pre-trial provisional remedies such as temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and writs of attachment. His commercial clients range from large multi-national corporations to regional businesses. They include domestic and foreign manufacturers, national and multi-national retailers and national and international trading companies.
Mr. Sheldon also represents real estate developers, commercial landlords, and lenders in lease disputes, fraud and contract claims regarding purchase and sale agreements, enforcement of security for real estate loans and other real estate related claims.
Mr. Sheldon has successfully handled many state and federal court appeals and writs. His published opinions include: Edamerica v. Superior Court (Jung), 114 Cal.App.4th 819 (2003); BII Finance Company Ltd. v. U-States Forwarding Services Corp., 95 Cal.App.4th 111 (2002); Avirex, Ltd. v. RTC, 876 F.Supp. 1135 (C.D.Cal. 1995); Bond v. U.S., 872 F.2d 898 (9th Cir. 1989); and U.S. v. Martinez, 837 F.2d 861 (9th Cir. 1988).
Mr. Sheldon has given seminars on employment topics such as wage and hour regulations, overtime pay, and avoidance of discrimination and harassment claims, on legislation relating to commercial lease transactions, and on trial presentation.
- Obtained TRO, preliminary and permanent injunctions and multi-million dollar federal court judgment for two international television networks against internet TV service provider which illegally intercepted and broadcast clients’ network feeds. Also prosecuted and obtained civil contempt judgment for violation of the injunction.
- Obtained defense judgment and $500,000 attorney fee award for defendant in multi-million dollar, multiple copyright infringement action on behalf of garment manufacturer and national retail chains.
- Obtained largest ever class action settlement in Los Angeles County in a slum housing case in partial pro-bono representation of victims.
- Represent Fortune 50 international retailer in numerous employment and ADA matters throughout California.
- Expunged lis pendens and obtained dismissal of quiet title action, allowing bank client to foreclose on multi-million dollar commercial property against defaulting borrower.
- Business Disputes and Torts
- Class Actions
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment
- Real Estate
- Unfair Competition and Business Practices
- Litigation (Copyright, Trademark, and Trade Secret)
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
- Class Actions
- Human Resources Counseling and Management Training
- Litigation (Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour, and Wrongful Termination)
REGULATORY ENFORCEMENT AND WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE
- International Trade Commission Investigations and Proceedings
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (B.S., 1980)
Honors & Distinctions
- Southern California Super Lawyer (2011)
- AV-Preeminent® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubble® since 1994
Professional & Community Involvement
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member